Several people, these are dealing with physical and mental stress. This stress is a great reason for fatigue and pain in the body. This constant pain can lead to the weakening of the immune system. To alleviate this stress the best way is to go for a massage therapy session.
The massage therapist at Kirkland is renowned for massage efficiency. One of the most common types of massage therapy is Swedish massage therapy. In this massage, softer strokes are used on the bonier and more delicate parts of the body, and stronger strokes where there is thicker muscle coverage. This adjustment of pressure makes it an ideal massage for relaxation.
Here mentioned are the key methods utilized in Swedish massage therapy:
- Friction – It is basically a deep tissue manipulation. This massage technique aids to extend friction and heat to all of the muscles that are in the back of the body.
- Effleurage – It is a gentle massage stroke performed with medium to very light pressure in a sliding and gliding motion. It is also called gliding. During this technique, the therapist giving Swedish massage at Kirkland center will perform long strokes that cover large regions of the whole body instead of on one definite area.
- Tapotement – It is a set of rhythmic percussion movements performed with fingers, fists, palms, or the sides of the hands. Hacking, cupping, fist pounding is all different tapping strokes.
- Petrissage – It is the massage stroke technique that includes kneading, squeezing, or grasping the muscles. The therapist squeezes and pulls the muscle tissue in a similar way to kneading the dough. Go right here to read in detail about this technique of Swedish massage therapy.
- Vibration – It is using oscillatory movements that shake or vibrate the body.